To All-

Welcome to the wonderful world of providing DJ entertainment for your event! By now you’ve probably figured out that “finding” a DJ isn’t too difficult; it’s the “selection” process that you may find a bit challenging. I hope that the time you invest here will assist you in making an informed decision on a crucial element in every successful event… music, or in my biased opinion… a great DJ! Throughout history, music has entertained royalty, moved Fred and Ginger, and perhaps invoked a first kiss. Your event will be a part of history, and I would like to be a part of it. Whether it’s a corporate gathering, a prom, or my personal favorite wedding receptions, retaining my services as your DJ will be a sound investment. I have the proven ability to infuse your personal style, meld it together with a harmonious balance of professionalism and personality, and create an event like no other. It can’t be said enough, but there are absolutely no “do-overs” in this industry. DJing an event that has your heart, soul, time, and money on the line would be an honor and a privilege. Thank you to my family, friends, and clients, for giving me the opportunity to do what I love!

Best Regards,

DJ Superunknown

Friday, March 6, 2009

Went to work, the Graves 601 hotel, The Chatterbox, and finally home.

Yesterday I checked out The Duel of the Design @ 601 Graves hotel (Armed with a chef and a florist, the designers have two hours to design a tabletop for eight, develop a menu, select beverages and set the mood with music. The designers will be judged on creativity, quality, usability and execution by Sara Glassman of Star Tribune, Alexis Walsko of Lola Red PR, Lindsay Graves of Content Farm Creative, Jim Leighton of Children's Cancer Research Fund and Geri Wolf of The Style Laboratory). This was my first ever industry event that wasn’t DJ focused, so I didn't know what to expect. My first thought quite honestly was that it was going to be “Highsnoberiety” and I’d feel out of place. Fortunately it wasn’t, and it was Kool & the Gang for Ms. Geri Wolf of The Style Laboratory to invite me.

When I walked into the ballroom I was immediately drawn to the flurry of activity going on at both ends of the room. I just missed the fashion show, and I love watching that shit on TV, so it was a bummer, btw my favorite designers are Tokidoki, Michael Kors, Lagerfeld, Shepard Fairey, and Dickies. Anyway, regarding the designers, I’ll let the pictures do their 1,000 words worth. I’m definitely not qualified to make any judgments, but in my opinion Summer Harsh Botanical Artistry had that shit workin’.

I’m not a foodie, thus I’m not into culinary presentation, I’m just more of a smells good, let’s eat it kinda guy, plus I enjoy White Castles. I am a little bias however, because one of the chefs had some tats, so he was cool in my book.

I had to dip outta there before the winners were announced because I had to get to my gig @ The Chatterbox Pub, so at “Superunknown press time” I had no idea which team won.

Before I left, I had the opportunity to be introduced to the designer of Geri’s dress, Ms. Pa Thao of PFT Couture. Ladies if you want to see some stunning creations, her site is a must visit!

I also met some of the artists with Pazzobello Flowers and I wanted to steal one of their designs to bring home to the Wifey. I didn’t…

All in all it was a great experience, and I’m going to try to make it a point to venture out beyond the DJ booth in future, and see what's going on in the event world. Oh, my gig @ The Box went great and I was approached by Inner Strength Fitness to DJ live for some upcoming Spin classes. I immediately thought that it would be mad decent if ISF was down with calling it “Inner Strength Fitness presents: Spin Control with DJ Superunknown” We’ll see what happens. BTW thanks Melissa for the presenting me with the opportunity!

Needless to say I got home late again, thank God Chandra is understanding! I got to bed even later because I needed to unwind by kicking the ass out of the L.A. Lakers on the 360 (it’s nasty on a big HDTV). That was my night/morning.

Word…







No comments: