To All-

Welcome to the wonderful world of providing DJ entertainment for your event! By now you’ve probably figured out that “finding” a DJ isn’t too difficult; it’s the “selection” process that you may find a bit challenging. I hope that the time you invest here will assist you in making an informed decision on a crucial element in every successful event… music, or in my biased opinion… a great DJ! Throughout history, music has entertained royalty, moved Fred and Ginger, and perhaps invoked a first kiss. Your event will be a part of history, and I would like to be a part of it. Whether it’s a corporate gathering, a prom, or my personal favorite wedding receptions, retaining my services as your DJ will be a sound investment. I have the proven ability to infuse your personal style, meld it together with a harmonious balance of professionalism and personality, and create an event like no other. It can’t be said enough, but there are absolutely no “do-overs” in this industry. DJing an event that has your heart, soul, time, and money on the line would be an honor and a privilege. Thank you to my family, friends, and clients, for giving me the opportunity to do what I love!

Best Regards,

DJ Superunknown

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

DJ Superunknown @ The Landmark Center

On Friday, October 24, 2008 I was @ the St. Paul Landmark Center DJing M & E’s wedding reception. That place is HUGE dude! So anyway, They had a cocktail hour and I was just kickin’ some rat pack tunes and slipped in some other uptempo same genera type stuff just for the vibe, not too loud or not too soft but just right ya know!

The Grand March was actually MC’d by a friend of the Groom’s and I had to play September by Earth Wind & Fire, but the Bridal Party was so big and the MC (who did a great job by the way) was about to run out of music before he even got to the Best Man & Maid of H. So 51 seconds left in the song I’m like fuck there’s gonna be no music, and I didn’t want to loop the song over so I said fuck it and got Shipping up to Boston by The Drop Kick Murphy’s cued up, and as soon as he announced the BM & MOH Earth Wind & Fire was over and I busted out some Murphy’s. The Bride & Groom came in and the fucking place exploded! If you’re not familiar with the song it’s on the Departed soundtrack. The reason the place went ape shit was because The Bride was just stunning and half the guests were Boston College Alum (nuff’ said). So the crowds into it and cheering and we go right into their first dance. I don’t usually do that a lot but now that I look back it’s really the perfect time, make a big entrance and get the first dance done. That way the couple has a little pressure off of them and they’ve taken advantage of capturing their audience.

Anyway, dinner, toasts, etc. were really smooth and we transitioned into a really fun night of dancing. Best of all I really enjoyed myself, and the B & G and their family were just really down to earth and gracious hosts. People really danced their asses off so mission accomplished.

I need to point out a couple of vendors that were really great as well: Stephanie Johnson of Table 6 Productions she was a fabulous Wedding Planner, attention to detail, time management, and style. Find out more @ www.table6productions.com or hit her up @ (651) 785-6234.

Also I was impressed by another photographer Emily w/ One Lime Photo. She really took advantage of capturing the night and using all the angles of such a huge space (she was up on the balcony, and all over shooting away) so check her out @ www.lemonlimestudios.blogspot.com or (701) 200-5062.

Now check out some videos… Again my camera and/or the camera man suck (me)

Word…



No comments: